From Rams Head Center Stage at Maryland Live! this is “Poker Night in America”.
– Welcome to Poker Night in America, I’m your host Chris Hanson. It’s often said that when a person with money meets a person with experience the person with experience leaves with the money and the person with the money leaves with the experience. Well tonight’s table is full of players with both money and experience and it has made for some pretty amazing hands of poker so far, so let’s get down to Rams Head Center Stage here at Maryland Live!
and see who’s going to experience some new life lessons. – [Mueller] Phil’s gotta give Shaun a coaching seminar on ace, queen. – [Hanson] As day two rolls on Shaun Deeb is down $31,000 into this game, he’s now put more money in his stack, quick math tells me he’s into this game now for $50,000 including the money he’s got in front of him and the rest of the players know that all of that money could be in the middle at the drop of a hat. – [Glantz] When it’s blind vs. blind with a straddle so it’s obvious it could be anything. – It’s just. – So sick.
– Total cooler. (laughing) – [Mueller] Total cooler, bud. – Happens. – It’s a sick spot. Greg doesn’t even know, Greg?
We’re only 280 blinds deep there so blind vs. blind with a straddle anything can happen. – That’s like a auto, yeah, that’s an auto. – Stone cooler.
– What happened he just went all in? Open all in shove, he called? – [Hellmuth] Then they started talking about what a big lay down it was with king, jack and I’m like well maybe these guys they don’t understand what a big lay down is, but maybe they have some money on the table for me here. – We missed the action, did Shaun Deep just open shove all in and then Matt called? 280 blinds deep? – I missed it, too.
– He made it 300, I made it 900. He made it 2,400. – I made it 17,000. – I made it 6,100 and then he made it 14,075. – [Hanson] In seat seven this is Phil DePalo.
– [Glantz] It was only 281 blinds, just to be exact, and a half, 281 and a half blinds. – That’s not what happened is it? – Yeah, that’s what happened.
– They went 12 bets. – He doesn’t believe it. (laughing) That’s what happened. – And Phil folded for one of a half bets.
– Yeah, Layne right away as sharp as he is right after the hand he goes– – And he’s got the aces. – We’re still chopping, right? Gotta add the half.
– I’ll regret it. (laughing) – [Hanson] 1,500 more to the pot and we go to the turn. – Don’t forget we’re partners. – How much you up? – 20.
– [Hanson That’s a miss so DePalo now in control of this hand. – So we’re up? – Yeah, 10 each. – Well, I’m winning, too. – No you’re winning, yeah winning nicely, too. – You’re only out of pocket $3,000 probably.
– Oh yeah, yeah, you’re get, we’re both in knee deep. – [Hanson] Williamson folds. – I’ll tell you one thing, I’m glad Shaun got dealt the ace queen and not Hellmuth, how much less would I have made, dude, I would only have made like $300 against Hellmuth.
– He would have raised, you would have re-raised. – It would have been over. – He would have stood up, turned around and folded. (laughing) – You complain about how bad he runs, get ace queen versus ace king– – Right. – Lost $300, it would’ve been over. – That’s sick.
– Even when you’re in the blind, I know what you got. (laughing) – He might’ve just open folded. (laughing) – Small blind, open fold. – I mean it’s so awesome to make great calls but I mean when you’ve gotta sit here and just (bleep) lay downs, and how many great lay downs and be– – Right every time.
– Even when you make calls you’re not right every time, but to be right every time when you make big lay downs isn’t easy to do. – Wow, Dr. Phil is that you’re hand? – My first hand there. – [Hanson] And Phil DePalo will not be able to walk away from Poker Night in America saying he didn’t win at least one pot. – [Hellmuth] Robert, you have to tell us that hand, Robert. – [Glantz] Yeah, you looked at his hand.
– [Hellmuth] Everybody looked at my hand. – Yeah, it’s true. – You gotta tell us one time. – Here’s what happened. – [Hellmuth] Otherwise we’re gonna wait 20 minutes.
– You showed, you showed the hand to Layne. – I did not show it to Layne. – No, Layne grabbed it.
– Okay, well you grabbed it after that. – Well, yeah, once he grabbed it. (clock ticking) – What does Phil got?
Phil show us what you got this time. (crosstalk) – I wish people wouldn’t look at my hole cards. – Jesus, only ’cause you let two people look, if it was just one I’d be fine but Jesus. – Right, the whole half of the table.
(clock ticking) – Actually, it’s Phil, he doesn’t have to show his hand you just have to grab his hand. That’s really the rule here. – What was it, cause we’ll find out in 10 minutes anyways.
– [Hellmuth] We find out in 20 minutes. We haven’t asked you yet, Robert, I think you have to share one. – Yeah, it’s, there’s no more 30 minute delays, it’s only three minute delays. We’ll find out right away. – [DePalo] Are there hold cards? I was told there’s no hold cards.
– Of course, yeah, it’s on a three minute delay. – He’s full of (bleep). – Of course he’s full of (bleep). (laughing) – He’s a doctor, too, a doctor of (bleep). – [Hellmuth] It is on half-hour delay.
– But they’re not showing hold cards. – Dr. Phil, how are you doing? I’m Dr. B.S. – [Hellmuth] Oh, they’re not showing hold cards? – Yeah, on the broadcast, not on the livestream.
– Yeah, on the livestream. – Oh, man. – I don’t want you looking at my cards anymore.
– Yeah, I agree. – Ever. I’ll be a little bit mad if you do, just so you know. – I agree with that.
– [Hellmuth] You grabbed the one free hand of mine, already steamed me up, I told you not to grab a hand when I, after I showed you the 8s and you announced, “Everybody would fold that.” You got, I was a little bit steaming, so. At that point I said, “Don’t look.”
– What are you talking about? – When you grabbed my hand and looked at it. – Just now, yeah, that’s the only thing I’ve done. – No, the other 8s, ‘member when you looked and then you, all you said– – He showed it to me! – That one I showed but I didn’t like your– – Based on your tell I knew it was 8s.
– You, you, you wanted to see, you went like this so I showed it to you. – Oh, okay but– – You don’t ever want to see his hand again. – Listen, there’s a penalty in place– – He’ll be pissed if you want to see his hand again. – If someone looks at someone else’s hand without asking they just pay a penalty.
– What if you want to see someone else’s hand, though? – It shouldn’t happen. – Hold on a second, if somebody wants to see the hand– – It’s not right. – Like what Layne wanted to see it. – Like right now, like I want to see his hand so do I owe on it ’cause I actually wanted to see what he folded? – You could probably buy that information for $100.
– You’re missing what we’re saying. – We got another little action. – No, because you said you showed him the first 8s because he wanted to see it. – So that was my fault. (laughing) So he’s trying to charge me $100 because I wanted to just see his hand. – I didn’t like it when you looked at my hand, I was kinda, I really didn’t like it.
– That was a little bit out of line. – Yeah, because I want, want you to be stupid like everybody else and think I have nothing and so if I pick up a bunch of big hands in a row. – 10s and ace, king? – Wow!
– [Hanson] And Shaun Deeb’s hole gets a little bit deeper. – [Hellmuth] Shaun, I cannot be, how could you fold? – You guys make fun of me every time I get it in, so. – You guys embarrass him into folding.
– Yeah, but Matt’s the guy that’s gonna give it all back to you. – So, hold on. – King, 10 is where you get the whole point. – We embarrass you every time so now you just muck your 10s pre and think that’s not gonna be we’re not gonna give you (bleep)? – (laughing) – See, look at this?
– [Hanson] Shaun Deeb continues to pick up hands. – That’s why you can’t show Phil’s cards. – [Hanson] ‘Cause this time it’s ace, king and he raises it to $800.
– I can tell you right now Shaun doesn’t want Williamson to call but he wants Tom and Phil to call, I can guarantee it. – Why are you explaining this to the average? – All in. – Just ’cause you’re out of the hand now. – All in he said?
– All in. – Now, that wasn’t what he wanted. – That’s (bleep).
– He didn’t want him to call he probably didn’t want him to go all in. – [Hanson] Deeb calls the all in. – God, darn it. – Turn ’em over. – I pulled a Shaun. Aye yai yai.
– I got rewarded. – I pulled a Shaun he said. I pulled a Shaun! (crosstalk) – Hold on, hold on, I want to bet on Robert’s hand, you’re running so badly. – Wow. – I had 10, 9 of diamonds just for the record.
– You got 200? – Well I can’t bet it at even, I would bet at the odds. – 10, 9 of diamonds I had for the record. – 3 of diamonds on the turn, 8 of diamonds.
– He deserves to win the pot. – Open end straight draw. – Who’s got the ace of diamonds?
Put up a diamond just for fun. – God, I flopped a straight. – That was no fun. – And a flush draw, oh my God.
– He had 10, 9 of diamonds. – I had 3, 4 of diamonds. – Give him an ace. – 3, 4 of diamonds? – I had 3, 4 of diamonds.
– Nice hand, nice hand. – Chop it up. – Chop what up? – I’m just kidding.
– [Hanson] So Shaun Deeb is going to pick up $7,800 in the good this time around. We’ve got more Poker Night in America in just a moment. Poker Night in America is being brought to you by 888poker.com. Where the world plays online. – [Hanson] Welcome back to Poker Night in America, blinds are $25/$50 as we get back to our cash game. – Oh, I better steal that one, they want me to show.
– He’s so proud of his folds. – Here we go. – [Hanson] Poker Night in America is brought to you by 888poker where the world plays online. – Here, Phil, here’s $100. – [Hanson] Plenty of World Series of Poker bracelets at this table, WPT winners at this table.
Millions of dollars worth of tournament winnings all seated at our felt tonight on Poker Night in America. – So, games are pretty good there? – When I show up. – They’re good all the time. – Which, uh, which casino?
– Parks. – Is that where you’re from? – Atlantic City is a little drive for you, right? – Me, or?
– Hour and a half from me, Parks is 25 minutes. – Where is that? – Philadelphia. – [Hanson] A set of deuces for Greg Mueller but better news for Shaun Deeb, it looks like his recovery program is getting a little stronger with a set of sevens. – Just before last year’s we played the Bodugi, Super Stud and Badacey. – [Hanson] And Layne Flack is stuck in the middle with top pair and he’s raising to $1,100.